|
So I was thinking about what you said the other day regarding the team structure and how we split up the work.
Honestly I think the real issue isn't the number of people but how the handoffs happen between stages.
When one person finishes a part and just tosses it over the wall without a quick sync, everything loses context.
I have seen teams do a five minute standup at the transition point and it completely eliminates the usual confusion.
Even a shared note with three bullet points about what changed and why makes a huge difference.
The other thing that helped me personally was keeping my own list of open questions in one doc instead of scattering them across chats.
That way when we do meet, I can go through everything in one pass and not forget the smaller details that end up mattering later.
Anyway, I don't want to overcomplicate it - mostly just trying to make sure we aren't working against each other by accident.
Happy to chat more whenever you have a free block, no rush on my end at all.
Hope your week is going better than last one sounded, that weather really didn't do anyone any favors around here.
Honestly I think the real issue isn't the number of people but how the handoffs happen between stages.
When one person finishes a part and just tosses it over the wall without a quick sync, everything loses context.
I have seen teams do a five minute standup at the transition point and it completely eliminates the usual confusion.
Even a shared note with three bullet points about what changed and why makes a huge difference.
The other thing that helped me personally was keeping my own list of open questions in one doc instead of scattering them across chats.
That way when we do meet, I can go through everything in one pass and not forget the smaller details that end up mattering later.
Anyway, I don't want to overcomplicate it - mostly just trying to make sure we aren't working against each other by accident.
Happy to chat more whenever you have a free block, no rush on my end at all.
Hope your week is going better than last one sounded, that weather really didn't do anyone any favors around here.
No comments:
Post a Comment