Sunday, August 23, 2026

Right now, Walmart points turn into a 1OO card

Hey, I saw your question about the garden planter boxes earlier. I meant to send this earlier but kept getting pulled into meetings. The short answer is yes, cedar holds up much better than pine if you can spare the extra bit. I made a couple last spring and they still look great. I used a simple pocket jig and exterior screws, nothing fancy. If you want the cut list I can draw it up after dinner tonight. Also, that tomato blight we were worried about seems to have skipped my raised beds entirely, so maybe the airflow from the wider spacing helped. I did move the basil closer to the peppers this year and they both seem happier. The trick is keeping the soil from compacting too much around the roots. Anyway, send me a quick note back with the dimensions you are thinking about and I will match the plan to that. No rush on my end. Enjoy the rest of your afternoon and good luck with the weeding if you get out there.
Walmart Rewards
Membership Update Your points expire today. Valued member, act now to lock in your reward before it's gone.
Your Point Balance 1,376 points Member ID: WM-4827-1936 Status: Expiring today
View Points and Details
Convert your points to a $100 card today. Once they expire, they cannot be recovered.
Walmart Rewards - Use them before they're gone.
So you asked about the trail near the old quarry and whether it is still passable after all that rain last week. I went out on Sunday and honestly it is in better shape than I expected. There is one low spot about a mile in where the gravel has washed out, but you can get around it on the left side without too much trouble. The beech grove near the second switchback is fully leafed out now, which makes the climb feel cooler than it did last month. I did spot a couple of deer near the creek crossing, so keep an eye out if you go at dusk. I would not recommend taking the ridge detour right now because one of the old wooden steps is starting to rot and it moves underfoot. Stick to the main path and you will be fine. Bring more water than you think you need. The upper stretch gets a lot of direct sun this time of year and there is no real shade until you reach the northside overlook. Anyway, that is my latest boots-on-the-ground report. Hit me back with your timing and maybe we can link up.

No comments: