I think the main thing we should figure out first is the timing for the garden pavilion reservation. Last Thursday when I called the county office they said the spring calendar opens on the first Monday of the month at eight in the morning, but the online portal sometimes goes live a few minutes earlier. I tried that last year and got a decent slot. You mentioned your sister might drive up from Columbus, so maybe aim for early afternoon. That way she can stop for breakfast on the way and still get here before the main rush. I already asked about the folding chairs and the long pine tables, those are stored in the equipment shed behind the pond where the old oak stump used to be. The key is at the main office and they require a photo id for pickup. If we need extra table linens, Marisol said she has a few pale blue ones left over from the autumn dinner. Also, the band needs a flat grassy area near the north walkway for their speakers. We should confirm if the gazebo lights are on a timer or if someone needs to flip the breaker at dusk. I was thinking we could ask Greg to test them on Friday night after his shift. He knows the panel better than anyone. Keep me posted on what your sister says about carpooling. We can always adjust the headcount before the final seating chart goes up on the cork board near the water fountain. I would rather have a few extra chairs than run short. Let me know what the portal shows when you check it. I will bring the paper banners and the brass stands from the storage loft. Should take maybe two trips in the truck if the roads are dry. Text me when you hear back from the band about their arrival time. That will determine when we set up the drink station and the dessert cart.
Omaha Steaks Hand-selected cuts, prepared with care |
A Gourmet Sampler Collection, Rooted in Craft
Omaha Steaks is preparing 500 gourmet boxes for this program. Each box is normally priced over $600, yet for this announcement, the sampler is provided at no charge to recipients. One sampler per household applies. The offer ends tomorrow. |
| See What's Included |
Every cut is chosen by hand and flash-frozen to preserve exceptional flavor. Recipients of this announcement will not be billed for the sampler; the cost is covered by the program for this offer. Inside your box, you will find a thoughtful selection of premium cuts, arranged for a well-rounded table.
| Inside Your Box |
| 6 Top Sirloins |
4 New York Strips |
| 4 Ribeyes |
4 Filet Mignons |
|
|
Quantities are determined by program allocation. The sample bundle is limited to one per household and remains available while the current allocation lasts. |
Thanks for taking a moment to review this announcement. We appreciate your interest in our craft. |
|
Those shelves in the pantry corner have been bare for weeks, and I finally figured out why. The old brackets were mounted into the drywall with nothing behind them, so the whole unit started pulling forward every time someone reached for the canned tomatoes near the top. I took everything down on Saturday and found the wall anchors had rusted through. The building manager stopped by and suggested we brace a pine board across the back and screw into the studs instead. Much sturdier. He also pointed out that the baseboard under the sink has a small gap where the floor settles near the exterior wall, which would explain the draft we felt during the windy spell in March. We could run a thin bead of caulk along there before the weather turns cold again. I asked my neighbor Rodrigo if he still had his miter saw in the shared workshop, and he said yes, but the blade needs replacing. He offered to help cut the board on Thursday afternoon if I bring the measurements and a pack of wood screws. The ones in the drawer near the fridge are a bit too short, so I'll swing by the hardware store on the way home. Also, I found three jars of pickled beets behind the rice bags, none of which were expired, surprisingly. We might use those in a grain bowl with some of the leftover herbs from the window box. The parsley has finally come in thick enough to harvest. Anyway, the shelf work should only take an hour once the board is cut. I will move the heavy grain containers to the lower shelf and keep the lighter boxes up top.
No comments:
Post a Comment