|
Thursday, September 10, 2026
Omaha-Steaks Has A Steak Sampler For You - Only 500 Left - Today Only
Hey Carla, thanks for reaching out about the team potluck next Thursday. I wanted to give you a bit more detail on the setup. We reserved the community room at the library from 5:30 to 8:00, and the tables should already be arranged in a U shape when we arrive. Sarah mentioned she can bring her slow cooker for the pulled mushrooms, so that takes care of the warm dish. For sides, I think we should aim for a good mix of salads and breads. Marcus said he would handle a big batch of his roasted garlic focaccia, which should be plenty. On the beverage side, I'm planning to bring a couple of pitchers of sparkling water with lemon and cucumber. Could you coordinate with Jenna about who is bringing dessert? I know she was thinking about those oat bars she made last month. One thing we should double check is whether the room has enough outlets for warming trays. If not, I can pack a couple of extension cords from my garage. Also, we need to confirm the final headcount by Tuesday so we know how many chairs to pull out. Let me know if you need any help with the signup sheet or if the library needs a deposit for the room. I'm happy to swing by and drop that off if it makes things easier for you.
Hey Pat, I got your message about the garden bed layout and I'm glad you asked about spacing. For the raised beds, I usually leave about eighteen inches between each tomato plant and closer to two feet for the squash and zucchini. The soil mix we used last year worked well, so I'd stick with that same blend of compost, topsoil, and a bit of perlite for drainage. When you're planting the basil, keep it near the tomatoes because they seem to do better together and it helps with the bugs. I also found that staking the peppers early prevents them from leaning over once they start fruiting. For watering, I like to do a deep soak every three days rather than a light sprinkle daily, especially when the weather stays hot. If you can add a layer of straw mulch around the base, that will help hold moisture in and keep the weeds down. I've got extra straw from last fall if you need some. Also, think about rotating where you put the beans next year since they fix nitrogen and that can shift the soil balance. Let me know when you want to tackle the planting, and I'll come over with my hand tools and some spare seedlings from my windowsill.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment